maddy

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Cubicle life

Its been a year since I got into this whole cubicle thing.Wuz just thinking how much it really gets to you..slowly.It has its many effects.You start changing and you are really not aware of it..
Like, I just started realising how much more comfortable Iam when conversing thru mails n chat..the virtual stuff..I am quite not the same when talkin er..face to face..or on the phone..
All I can seem to get out of my mouth is Hello,Hi,oohh!!,oh,and bye
This is what happened sometime back..a friend of mine..we regularly keep exchanging mails..and suddenly friend's face pops near my desk..And one look at my face n straight about turn!!I was left wondering..then I just waved it off... After sometime a mail arrives.. and it said ..."What was that expression on your face when I came to your desk..Guess u didnt like me coming..hmph"...I was totally @#$%#..
I dunno what my face showed or didnt show.That was when I suddenly started wishing for emoticons..How much more easier it wudve been!!I cudve just showed one of those EEs ..I mean this :D

And then comes the other things.My dad asks "Enna..Kalyanathukku paakalama??" And I go like "Eppo vendam paa" (like everyone else)
My dad shows the eye to my mom and she comes slowly behind me..and says "Boyfriend love nnu edhuvum ellaye?" with that worried "Guruvayurappa!!Show my daughter the right path" look on her face..and the only answer I can give to that is "Ehhh??"..
Er..Hello..How do I make my parents understand that with my kinda social life which is practically non existant..the only way Ill end up with a boy friend is if he is downloadable..

Life just seems to revolve around my cubicle.Its kinda addictive in some ways.
You dont really feel like getting out.
One year has done this to me..I just hope things dont become any worser..

Anyways Belated Happy Valentines Day !! :) I could not resist using the pink.

15 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

Oh, I simply knowwww what u are going through. Im living in the box too. I cant relate to ppl outside of my classroom, or computer. I suck at being social or making small talk:( But I guess u must go out and have ur fun too..meet ppl, attend social functions, or we lose touch with reality..
And yes..Wish u a very Happy valentine's Day! Hugz

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger The Last Blogger said...

Get outta the cube. I miss my days in India where it would be hard to not have a social life. There are people, known and unknown everywhere, waiting to talk :)

In the US, ppl let you be on your own all the time unless you make a conscious effort to make friends. Its nice that you have your privacy but sometimes you miss having friends around.

So make the most of it.

PS: Tying this to your marriage talk, what if you are married to a SW Engg from the US?

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger saranyan r said...

haha, downloadable boy friend. nice one.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger F e r r a r i said...

Belated Valentines day wishes!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

sangeetha,
Hugzz back :) I think being able to communicate to children is a great thing..U really dont have to worry about being social at all!!!

LB,
Yea u r right!Guess things are really different in the States.
What if Iam married to a s/w engg in the US ??? :) I really dunno..that depends on the s/w engg

saranyan n Lee,
:D really pathetic state huh?

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

Prabz,
Bangalorela erundhinde eppadi na u can imagine :) Anyways its just a myth that Bangalore is a cool party place..Its no different..If you ask me its one thoongumoonghi ooru..Madras maadhiri varuma ;)

Prabhu,
Thanks n wish ya the same

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger saranyan r said...

get out and do something. aren't there any groups that meet regularly and do some outdoor activities?
I'm sure b'lore has more to offer :)

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

saranyan,
Bangy def has more to offer..its just that Iam too much in my comfort zone right now :)

sowmya,
Yea I do read Dilbert :)

vj,
Hi!Yea guess thats the worst!!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger REFLEX said...

Yes, all this SW professionals are addicted to this kind of Cubicle life. I feel more comfortable in using mail or messengers than going there and talk to a person. But now I am trying to avoid it as this may lessen our interaction with people and slowly we tend to lose our style of communication. So better come out of Cubicle life and mingle.
Instant Emote Icons on our face is a good idea. Sometimes, when talking to ur manager, we need to display different emote icons on diff situations.
Hey Thanx for visiting by. Read my Circle of Friends blog.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger reNUka said...

Hey!!!! Thanks for the visit and the comment at my blog :-) to be frank within seconds of perusing ur blog, i kinda liked it, as it had a bit of tamil in it - will certainly take time and read ur posts!!!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

Reflex,
Hey!What u say is absolutely right..We forget to communicate effectively once into the cube :)
Will def check out ur circle of friends blog..

Hey Renuka,
I really liked ur blog :) nice way of writing..and yea ull find a lot of Tamil in mine

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Krish said...

Prabha, thanks for caring to comment on my post at ChennaiCentral. I have also added you under Bangalore in Indibloggers.

Thennavan.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Muthu said...

///the only way Ill end up with a boy friend is if he is downloadable..///

hahahha... infact this is a nice idea. :~)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Prabha said...

barath,
Hi!!Yea will surely try :) and yea i dont think I can even download a bf ;)

Thennavan,
Thanks for coming by :) and for adding my blog too..

Muthu,
:)Nice idea?Me thinks no..

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

this waz as cute as it cud get :))

but i thot folks n cubicles find someone online (which r almost the same as downloadable versions)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home