maddy

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Mood swings

The error message on my screen was glaring at me .I was glaring back at it with equal force.If anybody had been watching us both(me and the bug) at that moment..they wudve probably exclaimed "sabaash!!seriyaana potti".I was chewing my nails like Ive been starving for days.Never have I cursed like this in my life before.
Guess you can imagine my very mad bad mental state.*grrr*Anger!!Frustration!!!
It was then that I decided to put on some music.And my!!Must say its real magic..It completely reversed my mood!!Anger,frustration ..po ye pochu..poi indhi..Its gone!!
The particular song I was listening to was "Thank you" by Dido..Soothing is the right word.
And then after that thought konjam namma songs kekalaam..nothing to beat Ilayaraja' music!!!
I just have no words to describe it..some of his songs..it completely mesmerizes u...
takes u to a different world..appadi dhaan naanum for sometime went away from my bug world..(mannichikonga my thanglish) It just lay there forgotten...
then realised edhu velai kaagaadhu..so put on some very non distracting music..u know.. its just there but u actually dont listen to it..It was Britney spear's "Baby one more time"..er hey brit!!we know u r completely turned on..if u try to do that effect li'l more ur throat is gonna tear!!
How can anybody enjoy this music?It totally gets on to my nerves...Die hard fans of her, my heart felt apologies!!but iam sorry Iam simply not able to appreciate it as mujick!!hmph..
On the other hand I have been listening to the theme music of Punnagai mannan the whole day today.Guess I wudve replayed it a zillion times.Its still playing in my head.It sorta feels like how ull feel when ur crush talked to u the first time *smile*

ok!Guess turning it off will do some good to me..

20 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Eroteme said...

Came here after what Renuka said on her blog...

So did the bug get resolved? :-)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger saranyan r said...

that punnagai mannan theme song is a classic. it gives energy too :)

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger reNUka said...

day before yesterday - they played punnagai mannan on KTv - fortunately for me i started watching the movie jus 20 min before our 'Falling in love...'(thts my name for the theme music) sequence came - was extremely entralled listenin to it...:-)

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger REFLEX said...

in the midst of bugs, only ilayaraja or Rahman or Yuvan and .... can save SW people.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

I love Ilayaraja's compositions too. And my dad would always praise him while he wd listen to Tamil songs

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger The Guy Next Door said...

U have been blogrolled. Nice blog.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger The Last Blogger said...

I think the greatness to Raja's music is how simple it seems and yet so mesmerising. I have a thousand odd songs of his and I never grow tired of them. The late 70s and 80s music of Raja is so good, it makes you wonder, if there can ever be one like him again.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Krish said...

Came here from...sorry I forgot...neways, what u have said is true..Raja is jus amazing...nothing beats him...as Jagan said, some songs like "Chinna thaayaval" leaves a lump...same for "Thenpaandi Seemayilae"....
BTW, u can try using allconsuming.net for your "currently reading" section...its nice site to keep track of ur books...I found u r using Flickr to upload pictures of the book n linking them...this site offers a nicer way to link ur books...BTW, this is jus a suggestion...

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

eroteme,
Yea!It did get resolved..(I think so):)

saranyan,
yea!!real classic..feels great when u listen to it..

Lee,
Aamam..And chinna thaaya aval can make u feel really blue..That songs got so much of longing in it..

manoj,
Hi!iam not able to check out ur blog..says blogger not found!:(

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

renuka,
i missed most of the movie :( watched only the climax(which i didnt wanna watch)Isn't falling in love apt??:)

reflex,
Yea!cant do without it..

sangeets,
*surprised*Didnt know u were tamilian :)

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

Prabz,
Heard the Dido's "resting here with me" Like that one too

shaz,
Thanks :)

LB,
No need to wonder..no one like him..

Krish,
Hey!thanks a lot..there are many things I want to do on my blog but somehow I never do it :) Atleast for the currently reading section gotto do something..will check out flickr..

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

hastens to correct ya..am telegu. but dad was born and brought up in Tn, hence the Tamil influence. Unfortunately i cd never pick up the language:( but am open to learning it

Hey! u called me sangeets..that's what my dad used to call me..hugs

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I have been having some insomnia these days, guess what puts me to sleep my old tamil song collections.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

sangeets
Hugs to u too..I thot u were somewhere from the North!:)

sam,
yea some of the old tamil songs really put u to sleep..

Prabz,
Yea..I think I will do that..thing is iam a bit too lazy :)

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Eroteme said...

Oh! Glad it got (hopefully) resolved.
A couple of songs mentioned by your friends in the comments sections are really good ones. I used to love a lot of the old songs in Tamiyy/~zh but I wasn't sure who the composer was (like, is Ilaya Nila an Ilaiyaraja's number? I like that one and it's Hindi version). I suppose there would always be his fans for a long time to come. I liked that song from Punnagai Mannan. Nice one (sorry for agreeing with you so late. I was worried about the bug!!! ;-) And I also like Thenpandee Cheemayiley (which I had to sing for some school cultural event. Gosh! I never returned to school for a week after that). Very rustic number.

Still trying to figure out your comment on my blog! :-))

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Sriram said...

My first comment on your blog. I always listen to Raja's masterpieces when i'm fustrated with coding, though the kind of pressure i face is different from the ones u face. One more suggestion,, if u feel bugged and need a good laugh, read my "serious" posts on my blog ;)

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

barath,
Yea :)

eroteme,
:) The bug got resolved..but its caused other bugs..so :(
n hey nice way of writing tamil
so u sing huh?Will def explain my comment on ur blog..I dunno why i always end up confusing people..!!

sriram,
"serious" posts for a laugh?:) will check it out!!

Hey Vaibhav!!
will check out :)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

Thanks for dropping by. One interesting aspect fo your blog is that I don't see a blogroll. that is kind of surprising, though i maintain a small link list. anyways, cheers. "I'll be back"

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

Agrees with Sriram..

Just came to wish u a veryyyyyyyyyyyy very Happy Woman's Day!!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Eroteme said...

Got the explanation on my blog. Thanks :-))

I suppose a lot of people sing; it is simply the measure of the people who were there before one started and the people who remain towards the end of the song, that decides... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home