maddy

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The way you make me feel..

untitled
I opened the door.I had no idea the weather outside was so beautiful.The wind was blowing in light waves. It was comfortably chill. The smell of mud was intoxicating.It was about to rain.
I thought how I loved the rain.
I started walking my way, towards home , lost in my thoughts wishing the rain would pour its heart out.A few more minutes and my wishes came true.
I was soaked wet,my feet covered with slush.The streets were smelly.I hurried across the road.
And I thought how I loved the rain.It stopped in sometime.
Once home and after a steaming cup of coffee, I settled on the sofa wondering what I should that evening.I mentally made a list of things I had to do.I could finish the book I borrowed from my friend, practice my keyboard lessons, call my relatives , clean my cupboard.I finally reached for the TV remote.
They say that rains make you feel blue.But it was the first time it did to me.
Gloom settled around me .Its funny how you can suddenly start feeling lonely in a house full of people ,all around you, talkin to you..yet there is something quite not right about the whole scene.
I was remembering those friends who I had somehow lost on my way to this day.I was missing all those times which seemed more fun and without reason too.Still...
I tried my best to stop these train of thoughts.But they wouldn't go away.
A few minutes passed and I heard splattering on my roof.
I went out to my balcony and watched the rain.
I walked in few minutes later.Feeling Comforted.

Song for my mood:It must have been love -by
Roxette from the movie- Pretty Woman

Lay a whisper on my pillow
Leave the winter on the ground
I wake up lonely,there's air of silence
In the bedroom and all around
Touch me now, I close my eyes
And dream away...

It must have been love,
but it's over now
It must have been good,
but I lost it somehow

It must have been love,
but it's over now
From the moment we touched
till the time had run out

Make believing we're together
That I'm sheltered by your heart
But in and outside I turn to water
Like a teardrop in your palm

And it's a hard winter's day
I dream away...

It must have been love,
but it's over now
It was all that I wanted,
now I'm living without

It must have been love,
but it's over now
It's where the water flows,
it's where the wind blows

21 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

Nice! Guess what? I'm the first one to comment again. Beautiful chain of thought. and what the heck is this ->"clean my cupboard" Big NO NO. Cleaning cupboards and rooms is bad for health!!! As for remembering the friends u've lost touch with.. stop sitting on your couch and get out and make some phone calls! If u have enough commitment, you'll get back in touch with them.Oh and btw, is Love in the air? ;) Anyways, Peace!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Krish said...

Thamizhle antha song sollanumnaa:

Vasantha kaala nadigalile
Vairamani neer alaigal

Neeralaigal meethinile
Nenjirendum ninaivalaigal

Ninaivalaigal thodarnthu vandaal
Neramellaam kanavalaigal

Kanavalaigal valarvatharku
Kaamanavan malarkkanaigal

.... and it goes on (notice how the ending word becomes the beginning one for the next line) :-)

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Prabha said...

sriram,
:) thanks and yes u r the first again..
er..cupboard really needs to be cleaned..its still not done anyways :D
and mebbe yes i cud do with calling some of my friends..
and no love is not in the air :)
its got nothing to do with romantic love :D

Thennavan,
thats nice!!:)whose is it?

Lone warrior,
hi!!thank you!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

lovely post..and that's one of my favourite songs...

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger F e r r a r i said...

Prabha,

One of the best posts I have read till date. Especially the part of being alone, when there are so many people around you. Very true! I dont know if you have stayed away from your home, along with friends. Sometimes you need to cultivate this habit of detaching yourself from the surroundings :-)

Once again. Good post!

And yeah. Nice meeting you in the bangalore bloggers meet ;-)

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

sangeets,
Yea mine too..The movie is my fav too

Ferrari,
Thanks!!
apparam aamam nice meeting u too..:D

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

Prabz,
How can u be lonely?;)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this is my favorite song!!! completely crazy about it even today...
the pic does surely brings about memories of this song... :)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Kousik said...

The rain. So romantic. Yet so saddening sometimes.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger REFLEX said...

Good one. Rain always has that ability to create good moods in u.
Rains can cheer u up and at the same time it can put u in sorrowful mood too.
Take Manirathnam movies for instance, he uses it for love, fun, sorrow, anger. Rain has so many mood in itself.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger sensiblystoned said...

Its been a good week for me reading about rains in two different blogs and two different opinions. For starters you found rain to be gloomy and blue but later found comfort in it. In another blog, the rain was a companion and something to wait and anticipate. Neat!!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Sriram said...

Wot? No love in air? Awwww... n e ways, nice post. Till yest, i thought Orukt.com was lame. Managed to find an old friend. That is the last resort of course. What the heck am I saying? i guess i dunno. Me half asleep, yet bored to death. Ok, I know! I'm gonna go type a long mail and send it to you. Ha! I'm a genius! Peace!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Karthik L G said...

first time on ur blog
good one there

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Deepu George V said...

Great posting. Improved a lot. Keep it up. The rain brings a lot of past memories into my life.

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Eroteme said...

Hi Prabha,
Finally I get to comment (didn't know what to comment on your movie reviews). Nice post. Enjoyed reading it. It was raining around the same time where I was.
"keyboard lessons" We have lessons for typing onto the keyboard?? ;-)
You captured the mood pretty well. Keep writing in with such interesting pieces...

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Ramm said...

Hi Prabha,
Was nice meeting you the other day at Barista... very soothing to read your verse...
Ram.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

Lavanya,
Mine too..I just love the song..

kousik,
Hi!:) yea..just puts u in different moods..

prabz,
:) nambave mudiyalaye!!mebbe missing someone too much?;)

Reflex,
Yea true..So many of Mani Ratnam movies have rain songs..but i cant remember any sad ones..andhi mazhai megam from nayagan is a lovely one..

sensiblystoned,
u shudve posted the link..
anyways..it depends on ur mood i guess or dunno whether its the rain which influences ur mood :D

Sriram,
I didnt get any mail?hmm..thats bad!!Me too into this Orkut..but didnt find any friends!!still bored?

Karthik,
hi!!thanks!

Deepu,
thanks a lot...!

Eroteme,
U dont watch movies ,huh?or mebbe tamil movies?:)
And yea about keyboard lessons :) dont really need it :D but this friend of mine actually got confused when i said am going for keyboard classes..geeky people around me ;)

RustedRim,
Hi Ram!!same here too..was nice meeting you all the other day..!
keep in touch

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Balaji said...

first time visitor... very nicely written. brought out the conflicting feelings that one usually feels on seeing that it is raining.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Krish said...

Prabha, the song is from the film - Moondru Mudichchu starring Kamal, Rajini and Sridevi. Good movie, great songs and tight storyline. Directed by Balachander. Guess you haven't seen it, right?

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger REFLEX said...

Prabha,
How abt Alaipayuthey and the song "Evano oruvan". Think of that Gloomy weather and rains. So much of sadness in that song.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Prabha said...

Balaji,
Hello!!:)
Nice smiley u got there

Thennavan,
ive watched the movie-bits and pieces..but i know the story..
I didnt know this song though..will listen to it..nice lyrics though

Reflex,
oh yes!!that song..how cud i forget!! the rain really shows the sadness there..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home