maddy

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What the hell?!!

Yes..my Prince charming finally arrived and woke me up from my beauty sleep.
So many things have happened....I feel outta touch and confused..too many things to blog about..Lemme start with what happened today..
Something totally frustrating..But the experience is actually doing me some good..One thing my opinion about myself has improved..(once you finish reading this you'll definetely wonder what its gotto do with this..but never mind somethings in life can never be explained)
So let me start from the beginning..I was out of town the past few days and my mobile was in roaming..All I did was send a few sms and make very few calls.... I got back yday and my credit in my mobile is completely gone..*gulp* It was quite unaffordable ..ok..I revived from the shock..and recharged it..and from then on I've not been able to send any sms..not that sms is like air and water to me but hey!..they charge us like crazy!!
So from yday its been fight fight fight with the Customer "Care"..
Customer Scare wud be more apt..
I explained the problem once, twice, thrice..finally lost my patience..
And then I gotto speak to this executive...I asked her name..
she said some xyz...I said I needed her full name..I wanted to get back
to her in case the problem was not fixed..and she was like xyz is my full name..I didnt quite understand..and said "Wha???dont u have initials, surname..something ??!!" and she actually said "No ma'm, I dont have any surname" I didnt know whether to laugh or cry..I was more than tempted to ask her if she fell from the sky..Then thot it wudnt sound all that appropriate..She could have atleast made up some surname..!!
And there was this other person who just cut the line half way while I was
complaining..I could practically hear her asking the guy next to her
"psst..can I hang up..??" and then Bang....*sigh*
Absolutely crappy service!!
Now its more than 24hrs since I complained..and still no action
Iam seriously contemplating if I shud just chuck my sim card
in the trash..
But that means giving up..NO WAY!!!

18 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger F e r r a r i said...

Another irritated Airtel subscriber. Go for Hutch. Any day better.
Tell me this. What is the advantage if Airtel is Karnataka's leading service provider? Does it get better for you. Throw the SIM Card and go for hutch :-)

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Eroteme said...

I had a similar tiff with Airtel. They really got on my nerves. They were my corporate vendors so I threatened to have my company terminate all services with them. I had this one lady who was an angel and helped me resolve the issue smoothly. She really was good and understanding. They really don't seem to care. But that is true about most service (any) providers in India. I had to let them know that I would be filing a case in the consumer court (we have lawyers in our family in the SC) and sat in their office making calls to all the lawyers I knew. Lot of psycho games need to be played with these guys.
Hope your problem gets resolved. BSNL (prepaid)is a fairly zero problem service but the signal is poor.
Once, for 3 days my mobile went down, that is when I realised the true fun of being disconnected and not readily available...

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

OK,, this is LAME. I've heard this over and over again, esp. with airtel. Tell you what! Put up a post condemning Airtel and as the other comment said, play psycho mind games. Bring up the word "Denial of Service" and "law suit" and make sure they hear you. (Err... do these scare tactics work with customer (s)care? lemme know!).. this is just a suggestion. and nice to see you are awake.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

Oh! and why don't I see any photo?

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

doesn't have a surname? LOL..that sure was funny..
u didnt elaborate on the Prince Charming..Love in the air...oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! ;)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger saranyan r said...

my sympathies...

who was that prince charming, can you elaborate more :)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger shantanu said...

which operator was that??airtel??hutch??
i've had similar experiences but nthing that a good ol' jhagda at their office cant do. if their executives just hang up on the phone then just go their office and create a ruccus...they cant hang up on that. ive benefitted from this a lot of times....

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Prabha said...

Prabhu,
I dunno how much better is Hutch :)
Anyways its not only with AirTel..its just all service providers..We dont care for the customer

Eroteme,
Ive to come across a CC executive whos understanding and patient..and its going to be 3 days :( still nothing
lets see..

sriram,
Ive told "law suit" twice..Only thing ive not done is swear :)
And the photo is blogged from flick.com ..blogger wudnt lemme login!!theres no photo :)

sangeets,
No love in the air :( too bad na?
*sigh*

sowmya,
No way iam giving up..I even went to their website and sent them a thrashing mail..hmph..But iam sick and tired of this!!

saranyan,
Denks..I need all the sympathies!!
And no Prince charming yet..Only in my dreams :(

Shantanu,
Hi!Nice to see u :)
Is hutch any better than Airtel?
Anyways theyve hung up the phone many times..Their serivce sucks totally!!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Deepu George V said...

I am having a postpaid hutch connection, not having much problems. But BSNL corporate connection is the best one. If Atleast five members are there then better opt for it, but it will take some time to get the connection, like 2 to 3 weeks. And you may have to produce some documents for proof and atleast one should have a BSNL landline, I think.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

chk yer mail:(

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Anbu said...

Whats your defn of 'few' sms and 'very few' calls?...balance vanishing in thin air while roaming is a common problem...

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger REFLEX said...

Prabha,
Read this blog of mine.
http://lust-anger-greed.blogspot.com/2005_01_01_lust-anger-greed_archive.html

There is one more called " Customer care - a Nightmare - Issues resolved"
http://lust-anger-greed.blogspot.com/2005/02/customer-care-nightmare-issues.html

You may find some useful information there. Have fun ;).

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

Deepu,
I was using Hutch before..It was not as bad as this..But changing my number now is very irritating.


sangeets,
Will check :-) dont fret..

anbu,
er..very few..ranging between 5 - 7? :)

Reflex,
I feel am in a better situation after reading urs.. :)
And my problem is fixed now..yippie!!

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger REFLEX said...

good to know that ur problem is solved soo soon. See I fought with them for more than 2 mnths :).

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Eroteme said...

Congrats! And what is the solution?

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

reflex,
Yea..am i happy!!but it was bugging whatever..Its just that we pay so much and their service is so bad.But I kept getting calls after calls from their CC yday checking up :)

Eroteme,
Thanks :) feels like I won a big fight..Solution is iam able to send sms..i really dunno what the problem was..
hmm..wait a minute..what are u trying to ask?me confused

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger reNUka said...

--Customer Scare wud be more apt..--
hahaha - this is a good one!!

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

want to download the latest new yahoo emoticon ? its so easy to get the latest place to download new yahoo emoticon 's

but new yahoo emoticon has everything especially new yahoo emoticon and other emoticons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home