maddy

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Perfect Day!


smileycat
Originally uploaded by
prabha_blog.


Wow!What a day..ok..Nothing great happened..It was just one of those days which leaves you with a very contented feeling.
I just have two big missions to accomplish every day.
One is getting up on time.
Yes !I suffer from the opposite of insomnia(I dunno whats it called...blame it on my ignorance)
So today shockingly I was up early.Getting up on time really does leave you with a nice feeling..i.e if you do it once in a while I guess.
Then Mission 2..this is really my Mission impossible.15-20 mins of torture..Crossing the road to my office.Iam the kind(mebbe theres no one else of this kind) who is practically terrified to cross the road..RoadCrossophobia!!I look like Iam stranded in the middle of some Formula1 racing track..I just keep gaping at all the trucks and cars and maatu vandis(even they seem to whiz)whizzing past me...When there are no vehicles coming from the left they are coming from the right and when nothing from the right then from the left...oh god!!will it ever stop??
*sigh* When are we going to learn to respect pedestrians anyways?.I usually tag along with someone who is also crossing and *phew*.
But today!!
I had no problem at all..Not even a minute and I was across.. I was almost hifi ing in the air..
Then entered office anticipating loads of work.And surprise surprise I had almost nothing to do for the day.So I was exploring all the smilies on
Smiley Central.. top to bottom.oh boy!Was that fun? Whip
This is the cutest smiley..er..emoticon Ive ever seen!!
Then perfect ending to perfect day.I had this dessert called
"Missisiippi Mud pie" (am sure Ive spelt it wrong)It definetely doesnt taste like mud..not that Ive tasted much of mud in the last mebbe 20 years..
But it was totally awesome.It wasnt only the ice cream but the way they had presented the whole thing.The plate was dusted which chocolate and there was a saying on it too.Ultimately ended up eating the whole thing saying and all.Yummy!
Now I think I shud just chill with a movie.
A day like this in a week..or even once is 2 weeks is more than enuf to destress you!

16 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Sriram said...

I also suffer from what you call "opposite of insomnia", but till date, I've never felt elated about getting up early! I truly am the lazy one! anyways, nice to know u r unwinding a lil. Cheers.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Eroteme said...

Technical details first:
Hypersomnia is the case you refer to and dromophobia/agyiophobia is the fear of crossing streets (though neither of them make sense to me, etymologically).

Now to your post. Neat. I hope your weekend is as wonderful. Did you eat this dessert at the place in Bang. called Just around the corner? Heard a lot about it and even seen it though never visited it.
In Bombay the first thing we were taught was to cross roads while vehicles kept moving. When I went to other places and watched people wait, I was shocked!! :-))
Its fun crossing roads like that. A great amount of calculation and observation. And yeah, concentration. A true road crosser can hardly be distracted!!!
No work?? Lucky you. :-( How do you make it go away? Shooo?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger F e r r a r i said...

Everything is good except that cat :-)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Prabha said...

Sriram,
Nice to know there are some more like me :) and yes..am unwinding..relaxed week..

Eroteme,
Thanks for the detailed comment.Hypersomnia?:)yea..guess that is apt..
And no..I had the dessert at a place called "painted platters"..its there in jayanagar and indranagar..quite famous..but burns a hole in ur pocket :(
And yes I know how it is in Bbay..been there once..and the worst thing is getting into the train..I swore that day that Ill never settle down in bbay..but am sure u must love the place :)

Ferr,
er..it suited my mood :)

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger saranyan r said...

and what was the movie....

ensoyyyy.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

You had a purrrrrrfect day in short?

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger reNUka said...

--Getting up on time really does leave you with a nice feeling..i.e if you do it once in a while I guess.-- the last few words made me say 'adi paavi!!! :-)'

yeah...the fear of crossing streets is agyiophobia Origin: G. Agyia, street, + phobos, fear

nsoi!!! :-)

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Sriram said...

Hey...first time here. Nice blog...liked the posts! :)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger BZ said...

Hey Prabha,
Blog hopped from Saranyan's blog.

Getting up on time..a mission? LOL! :)

Staying up late is a mission for me.

Nice to know you had a perfect day, cherish them while they last! :)
Have fun!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

*sigh*... so long sleep. nice knowing you. Anyways, looks like you ARE chilling out.. keep it going, but do blog!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Krish said...

Didn't see you in a while on ChennaiCentral so thought of stopping by and saying hi.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Nth Dimension said...

With due apologies to the folks named Sippy, and as an F.Y.I.

Mississippi = Miss Is Sippi.....

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Prabha said...

saranyan,
Movie was home alone part I..really didnt enjoy it..i think ive bcome mature :D mebbe i shudve watched aaril erundhu arubathu varai?;)

sangeets,
Yea!!!:) purrrfect!

Renuka,
adi paavi is it?:)even my mom keeps sayin it!!and denks for the info ..

sriram,
Thanks :)

saranya,
Hi!!Checked out ur blog just now..real nice..and "mission" is konjam exagerrated.. ;)

sriram,
Hi!assignments finished?:) Nice knowing u too..

Thennavan,
Hi!was kinda busy..just commented on urs..

Daph,
Thanks for stopping by..Guess my vocab will improve with this post..
:)

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Vani Viswanathan said...

don't worry prabha, you will have lots of us to accompany you on your hypersomnia illness...i always have it, and it gets more during exam time!!! one can now catch me either sleeping, eating or blogging.. (aagamottham everything except studying!)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Sriram said...

Did u notice that there are two srirams here? me? I'm the one who's caught up with assignments and also blogs (though mindlessly). P.S thanks for dropping by with u'r comments on my blog. lemme know if u r with me on bashing TOI. ;)

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger wookie said...

Eroteme- We have 'corner house' here in Bangalore. There's no 'just around the corner' as far as I know:P
Prabha-Kudos on crossing the road in less than a minute. Hope you have more days like this one. I can cross a road when alone, thou' it seems like all the BMTC buses are out there only to kill me.But when with someone I am just so dazed that I am always being dragged across the road like a lil child :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home