maddy

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Madras nalla Madras..

*Just got back from Madras.And it was such a lovely trip.I must say that the weather was not my preferred best.oh boy!was it hot?Anyways its not like am not used to it..Still if only the weather had been good , atleast tolerable in Madras...ok *ahem* will stop here about the weather.
*Went to this place called Murugan idli in Besant Nagar.It turned out to be a big disappointment, after all the build up and the mouth watering descriptions by my cousins.Then after some research found out that their TNagar center is supposed to be good..hmm must try it the next time
*Watched chandramukhi again..and confirmed that there is no ghost in the movie(I think I have gone crazy)

*Caught up with my school friend, whom I met after 2 years.There is something about certain people.It feels the same even if you haven't met them for ages.We split this very choclaty chocolate icecream between us and it just lay there forgotten.Finally it melted and became a mess.Somehow gulped it down.It tasted like Bournvita (yuck!!)
We talked about so many things- arranged & love marriage,sai baba & God , techies,job changes,onsite opportunities ,Palghat Iyers and Tam Brahms, Madras & Bangalore,chandramukhi ,Rajini,Kamal and it was already time to go home.
*Went to the beach.Felt like half of Madras was out there.It was awesome. Though I ended up having Tsunami nightmares.

Picked up this amazing Mp3-Instrumentals of Ilayaraja and ARR songs..Has about 100 songs.I dont have to say how good it is.There was this particular piece from the movie Singara Velan which I kept playing over and over ,at home, for god only knows how long .And finally my dad glared at me and told me something which can be translated as "It will be kind of you, if you can put if off" and I assure you its definetely not polite .Had to hear a lecture too and something about not helping my mom in the kitchen.Wanted to tell him that I was actually doing her a favour by not helping .Anyways decided not to and stopped the music.
*Drove along the road to Pondicherry.Its lovely, especially if you can go in the evening.When I have enough money I should buy a house somewhere there.*sigh* Will that day ever come? :-)

13 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

Grrr.. i got beaten to the first comment. N e ways, lemme take a guess here. U talking abt "Innum ennai enna seyya pogirai" from S.Velan rite? I do agree that Murugan Idly shop is a bit over-rated. Sharing chocolates/ice cream/chocolate-ice-cream would be fun to do with that "special" one ;) and that's just my opinion. Being such a nice person that you are, I'll give you this "classified" info. I'm gonna be putting up a post giving a sneak peek at my past life. sounds interesting doesn't it? ;)

Wide range of topics that u discussed. would have been fun if you had let us in on the results of the discussion! :D And on that note, *realizes that the comment has gotten too long for comfort. PEace!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Baejaar said...

Chandramukhi for the second time? You do have lot of patience alright.

I am sure ECR is one of the best roads in India apart from the Pune-Bombay expressway.

And you did miss the Bangalore weather alright. For the last few days its excellent. With occasional drizzles and reasonably low temperatures, this is what bangalore is famous for.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger sensiblystoned said...

It appears that working on a H1 and buying a house in the ECR is like a bread-butter-jam dream for all software engineers :) *sigh* madras, how I miss it.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

Ofcourse you will Prabha...hold on to ur dreams and work on them...my dream house is in Koorg..someday..

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger F e r r a r i said...

Prabha,

ECR la irukkara 90 % voodungala amma and chinnamma vaLachi poattutaanga. So jaagradhai. Kavalaye padadhe. Unakku madras la edama illai nalla veedu vaanga.

BTW unga appa edhir la if you keep listening to 'Innum ennai enna seyya pogiraai' paatu kaettunde irundha tension aagi irupaar. Ponnuku seekram kaala kaalathula kalyanam pannidanum appadinu nee avarukku remind panre nenachi irupaar :-p

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Prabha said...

Prabz,
:)
Hey def not sonna padi kelu :(
eppadi nenachitiye!!
its this song "ennum ennai.."
I didnt wanna mention that..:D
anyways..its a nice song..havent heard??
bangy is hot..but am in the AC all the time except after 8 when it bcomes cold..so :)

Sriram,
hey thanks for the long comment :D
Will put up the results sometime..esp about love n arranged and our discussion of Tam brahms and palghat were quite hilarious :)
And this "special" friend is a girl :)lookin fwd to ur next post..wondering what it wud be!

And hey!u got the song right!!

Baejaar,
how u doing?and talkin about my patience i really dunno :D
Was the weather so good here??:(

sensiblystoned,
yea u r right!!:)
and *perumoochu*

sangeets,
hey!!thanks :)
and coorg is such a lovely place..been there once with my colleagues..its a very romantic place ;)

Ferrari,
ayyoyo!!vendave vendaam andha edam
and about my dad..aamam adhaan tension ayitaar nu nenaikaren.
anyways endha maadhiri ellam paatu kettu anavasiyama vamba velaikku vaangaren :D

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger REFLEX said...

I also planned to go to Chennai this month 20 th and then plan is changed and I am going by June 1 st week. Mazhai vandha nalla irukkum. When I was there last may, it was raining.
I guessed the song as "Thuthu selva tharu di". adhaan unga appa tension ayittarunnu nenaichen

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Cognitive Distortions said...

First timer to ur blog . Any blog which glorifies the spirit of Chennai ( madras for u !) seems to hit my eyes these days. With all its gud climate ,abundant water , clean roads ..i somehow can't relate myself to Bangy. Chennai mathiri varathu .... Will subscribe to ur feeds !

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

Reflex,
U r not in Madras?And hopefully it will start raining there..
appram the song is not "thudhu selvadhaaradi.." :)
naa kettadhu ennum tension paatu "ennum ennai enna seyya.." :D

CD,
hi and Welcome!
Visited ur blog..nice one u got there..

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger saranyan r said...

always nice to catch up with school friends. looks like you talked everything on planet earth :)

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Deepu George V said...

So you had a wonderful time in Madras. I don't know much about Madras, I have visited the place only once in my life. I felt that the climate is very hot there. Its an exciting to meet our old friends after a long time and having the time to share everything with them.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Prabha said...

saranyan,
we sure did :)

Deepu,
The minute i say madras most of the remember the heat only :(

Prabz,
Nostalgic?*ahem*
mebbe slightly vetkam :)(surprisingly) i told my friend i was listening to it and ore dha ottals..adhaan thot ill keep quiet about it :D

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Eroteme said...

Madras - heat, wouldn't really be much of Madras. I kept telling my relatives that I am happier here but they insisted on my coming. Will be in Madras soon. You say its hot?? Damn!
Is that idli store supposed to be that good? Never heard of it before.
ECR is a nice place sans facilties. Living there would be tough given the fact that you would have to come to the city for nearly everything. Part the practical side apart, yes, it is a nice place. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home